Re: nm-connection-editor working only as root

Am 06.11.2011 14:39, schrieb Ramon Diaz-Uriarte:

> Yes, I do have polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1 in
> /usr/lib/policykit-1-gnome/

> No, I never see a PolicyKit authentication dialog. However, in case it
> matters, I do have the daemon running:
>

> ramon@Bufo:~$ ps -A -f | grep polkit
> root      1487     1  0 12:00 ?        00:00:01 /usr/lib/policykit-1/polkitd

That's your problem, I guess. You not only need polkitd daemon running,
but you also need a "PolicyKit authentication agent" in your user
session, which is responsible for show the authentication dialogs.
Such a service is e.g. provided by gnome-shell (if you use GNOME 3), by
kdebase-workspace (if you use KDE) or
polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1 (from policykit-1-gnome).

The policykit-1-gnome package uses an xdg autostart file. Most likely
your xmonad WM does not read that autostart files, so you need to start
/usr/lib/policykit-1-gnome/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1
manually.

universe are pointed away from Earth?