Re: ipunblock branch testing

* Dan Williams

> Finally got everything set up to test this, found the problem, fixed it,
> and tested it and a few other configs.  Give it one more shot and let me
> know how it works for you?

Seems much better, thanks! It connects fine with both IPv4 and IPv6
modes Auto: When both work and IPv4 is the faster one, when both work
and IPv6 is the faster one, when only IPv4 works (no RAs), when only
IPv4 works (RAs but unresponsive DHCPv6 server), and when only IPv6
works (unresponsive DHCPv4).

The only thing I feel is a bit odd, is the behaviour when «Require
IPv(4|6) for this connection to complete» is set. If it is, and the
address family in question doesn't work, then it will first succeed the
overall connection only to fail it again shortly after, when the
activation attempt times out.

The behaviour I would expect instead, is that ticking the «Require» box
for an address family would block NM from succeeding the overall
connection until the required address family had completed. If both
address families was ticked as required, then it should not have
reported an overall success until they both had completed.

Another thing I noticed that it successfully connects to my network with
both stateful DHCPv6 and SLAAC on the first attempt every time, which
means my patch about DHCPv6/SLAAC interaction might no longer be
necessary. Is that intentional?

I've also noticed a few error messages in the logs (normal log levels):

NetworkManager[7362]: <warn> Failed to add route Netlink Error (errno = No route to host)
NetworkManager[7362]: <warn> Failed to add route Netlink Error (errno = Invalid argument)
NetworkManager[7362]: merge_ip6_configs: assertion `src != NULL' failed
NetworkManager[7362]: <warn> Failed to add route Netlink Error (errno = File exists)
NetworkManager[7362]: <error> [1320272846.119370] [nm-system.c:1061] nm_system_replace_default_ip6_route(): (eth0): failed to set IPv6 default route: -1

If you're interested in debugging these more, I'll be happy to provide
full debug-level logs + PCAPs.

In any case, I'll keep testing and update if I notice anything strange.

--
Tore Anderson