Copied system-connection: 'secrets cache invalid'

Hello,

I try to 'clone' a wireless system connection to several machines. My
naive attempt was to copy the file
from /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/<file> on a master machine
to a package and then install the package on the cloned systems. While
the connection can be seen, when I try to edit it with
nm-connection-editor the error 'Error initializing editor'
'nm-sysconfig-connection.c.202 - Internal error; secrets cache invalid.'
is shown. This happened on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with the somewhat aged
network-manager 0.8-0ubuntu3.

What is the recommended way to pre-install a system connection via a
package?

Regards,
Torsetn