Re: DHCP range in Network Manager

On 23.09.2009 02:07, Dan Williams wrote:
Nope, it's currently hardcoded for user-created "shared" networks.
Didn't really see a great need to change it at the time I did connection
sharing last year.  Mind sharing your use-case here?  I'm curious.

Dan

Hello,
I actually hit the such a use-case where hardcoded may be a problem.

I have an lan address 10.42.43.197 assigned on LAN if.
It is assigned from our local community network.
Network has a gw on 10.42.43.1.
And this does not play well with with sharing from NM.

I may solve this bye:
1. recompile NM with different settings
or
2. Try to persuade my local network admin to change my LAN IP because my soft has no setting to change it without recompile.

From the user perspective both ways are not good and comfortable ones.

Regards
Marcin Wołyniak