Network-manager 0.8.992 and wpasupplicant

Hi everybody,
I was trying to upgrade to network-manager from git (release 0.8.992).

I installed all the dependency and started network manager to activate
my wifi connection.

I didn't expect to work out immediately and in fact network manager
does not connect to my AP.

Then I tried to debug and the first thing I saw is that there is an
error in connecting to supplicant.
Before sending all the trace logs I would ask some questions.

What version of wpa_supplicant is compatbile with network-manger 0.8.992?
I tried 0.7.3 and wpa_supplicant from git but the error is always the
same: time out in waiting a response from supplicant on the function
interface_add_cb in src/supplicant-manager/nm-supplicant-interface.c

I saw there are commits in nm for the new supplicant DBUS api,
referencing supplicant dbus endpoint on fi.w1.wpa_supplicant1,
but starting wpa_supplicant (cmpiled from git master) it says that the
registered name is fi.epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant.

What am I missing?
Do I have to configure wpa_supplicant to enable the new dbus api?

Thanks
Marco