Problems with Plasma NetworkManagement

Hi,

I am trying to debug those two bugs http://bugs.kde.org/276485 and http://bugs.kde.org/276486 and have found that NM is calling our secret agent to save the old secret instead of the new one even though Plasma NM passes the new secret to the NM's update connection method.

What I would like to know is how secrets are updated. I have found no documentation on which steps NM's clients should follow to update secrets. For instance, when creating a new connection, who is reponsable to store the secrets? The secrets agent by itself or NM's by calling secret agent's SaveSecret method? By try and error we found NM does not call the secret agent's SaveSecret method when creating connections, only when updating them, why the different behaviour?

Then comes our current problem. What are the steps to update secrets? What we implemented is:

1. Call org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Settings.Connection.Update with all settings and secrets.

2. Our secret agent waits for NM to call its SaveSecrets method.

3. We update our internal structures with the new secrets.

The problem is in step 2., NM is passing the wrong secret for us.

I attached my Plasma NM log with some comments. One thing you should know is that our connection editor (kcmshell process in the log) is a different process than our secret agent (kded process in the log).

I hope you can help me with this problem. Thanks in advance.

--

Lamarque V. Souza

http://www.geographicguide.com/brazil.htm

Linux User #57137 - http://counter.li.org/