Re: Issue with Indian Datacard

It looks like I found one solution which is atleast working for me.

Steps
step 1. comment line
#plugin passwordfd.so
from /etc/ppp/option/wvdial

step 2: modified wvdial.conf (which is generated by networkmanager wizard) and replaced with following
[Dialer bsnlnet]
Modem Type = Analog Modem
Phone = *99#
ISDN = 0
Baud = 460800
Username = " "
Password = " "
Modem = /dev/ttyUSB3
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = at+cgdcont=1,"ip","bsnlnet"
Stupid Mode = 1

step3: in terminal logged as root and stop NetworkManager service and start network service
#service NetworkManager stop
#service network start

Reason for stopping networkmanager is service unable to find resolve.conf which is found properly by network service.

step 4: run from prompt following commands
#wvdial bsnlnet

and booom...net is started perfectly. Still I wish their has to be some fixes in NetworkManager so it will work perfectly for Indian broadband connection.

With Regards,
Manish S Runwal
Runwalsoft.com