Need help configuring an OpenVPN connection

Hi,

I am new to creating client IPSec tunnels in Linux. I am running Fedora 14 with openvpn-2.1.1-2.fc13.i686 and NetworkManager-openvpn-0.8.1-1.fc14.i686 installed.

I am looking to configured my FC14 box as an IPSEC client to connect to my office VPN. I do not know what server the office VPN is using. All I know are the specs that they have given me. I also have a working example of it running in Windows using TheGreenBow client.

I have been given the following files:
ericb.p12
ericb.pem
ericb.key
(and password for the key/p12 files)

I know the following settings (from looking at the functinoal TGB client and someone who has gotten it to work with ipsecuritas in Mac):

Gateway IP
Network Addr/CIDR: 10.9.40.0/22
Phase 1:
 - Lifetime 1800
 - DH Group: 1024(2)
 - Encryption: AES 128
 - Authen: SHA-1
 - Exchange: Main

Phase 2:
 - PFS Group: 1024(2)
 - Encryption: AES 128
 - Authen: HMAC SHA-1

NAT-T: force

Can anyone please help me with getting this configuration to work? I have attempted to set up the tunnel using the NetworkManager plugin, but it just seems to hang. I have tried both with UDP and forced TCP and I just get timeouts: Jun 21 10:07:56 eric-laptop NetworkManager[1267]: <warn> VPN connection 'VpnMtl' (IP Config Get) timeout exceeded.

Ideally, I'd like to get this working via the NM, but if it has to be done at command line level, i would be happy with that as well.

Thanks for any help that you can provide!

Eric