Re: Automagically restart wifi connection

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Alex Pyattaev <alex pyattaev gmail com> wrote:
> What kind of connection loss do you have? Can you still ping the access point
> for example? Is there any error in system log or dmesg? I have encountered
> similar problems with some AP's, and sometimes it was a bug in AP.

      You will find it rather amusing: it turned out to be user error
but a rather unexpected one. You see, this machine had a pci wifi card
I did not know about (antenna was out). Problem is that sometimes it
would not show on dmesg or ifconfig; I guess that is why they were
using the other wireless device.

In any case, when I was able to see both wireless devices sporting two
distinct MACs, I then went looking for #2.

Old card removed and I have not dropped signal since.