Re: Backup/Restore NM Configs on Fedora 15

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Darren Albers <dalbers gmail com> wrote:
> I previously used gconftool to import all of my VPN and wireless
> settings on my custom spin but now that gconf has been replaced by
> dconf I need to update my methods.   The problem is that I don't see
> the settings anywhere in the dconf database.   Can someone point me
> where the settings might be stored?
>
> Thank you!

So it looks like it is now located in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections

I personally preferred that it was located in gconf since it is then
encrypted when I encrypt my home directory.   Now I need to do full
disk encryption rather than just my Home directory if I want to
protect the information in the VPN.   Of course it does store all my
passwords in the keyring so those are not exposed so I guess there
isn't much risk.

On another note the import/export feature seems to be missing, will
that be making a comeback?

Thanks!