Re: F15 NetworkManager and Lenovo T61/Intel 4965AGN Wireless

On Thu, 2011-06-02 at 15:04 -0400, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 02:05:36PM -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-05-30 at 18:57 -0400, Tim Evans wrote:
> > > Just upgraded my Lenovo ThinkPad T61 from Fedora 14 to Fedora 15 (via
> > > preupgrade) and lost my Intel AGN wireless in the process. Wireless was
> > > working well with F-14.
> > >
> > > Actually, NetworkManager itself barfs (see debug output of a manual
> > > start, attached).  /var/log/dmesg is also attached for reference.
> >
> > This was a bug in the NM that hit Fedora 15 updates (due to too little
> > time spent in updates-testing before being karma-promoted to stable
> > updates) that has since been fixed by a new update.
>
> Can the push-to-stable step be made manual so we don't get into this
> situation again?

Possibly, or we can bump the +Karma to a larger number so that more
people have to test it before it goes out, which is what I usually do
since NM is a fairly critical part of the system.  I may have forgotten
to do it that time.  Would be nice if Bodhi could have different default
+Karmas for each package.