Re: Unable to use Huawaii LTE Stick with Ubuntu Lucid

Hi Dan,

> > > I have a problem with a Huawaii LTE Stick which comes from German Telekom:
> > >
> > > Bus 001 Device 006: ID 12d1:1506 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
> > >
> > > For an important LTE test project I need to have this stick working under Ubuntu
> > > Lucid where all our apllications are running on.
> > > We have some newer versions for modemmanager and network-manager under Lucid:
> >
> > check with usb-devices or /proc/bus/usb/devices if the option driver is
> > properly bound. Older kernels have a problem here binding the right
> > ports. I saw that even with Fedora 15 kernels.
> >
> > And that dongle is still a piece of work. Still trying to figure out on
> > how it does the LTE switching to UMTS or GSM. Since LTE is a pure IP
> > only connection, hiding it behind CGREG is wrong.
>
> Ouch, does it support normal CE* EPS commands?  Is it based on a
> Qualcomm chipset?  In which case we'd have half a chance as all the QC
> LTE dongles I've seen so far do support the EPS AT commands.

to some level it does, but this is not like the Verizon hardware where
you have dedicated chips for CDMA and LTE, this seems to have one chip
that can operate in GSM/UMTS and LTE.

So from a pure AT command level interface all EPS commands are there,
but I have not yet been able to make them work properly. In theory this
hardware should also support IPV4V6 dual stack contexts, but it is still
behaving funny when trying.

Regards

Marcel