Re: Newbie question

The problem is that the examples in GIT are for networkmanager version 0.9,
and you probably have version 0.8. Check if 0.9 is available for your distro,
or try to locate old examples.

If the 0.9 is not available for your distro, you could try to build it
yourself, its not very hard to do, but you'll need to build wpa-supplicant's
dev version as well, otherwise you will get some nasty bugs with WPA. If you
just want to test the wired interfaces you don't need to bother though.

Alex