about Strength

Dear,
i have some issue about strength & connection quality.
I use NetworkManager 0.8.1 version that build-in our platform.

1.Some platform can't connect AP. (AP near by platform)
2.if it connected. But packet loss severely (use ping command)
3.when i use driver to connect AP(not connect through NM). It looks fine (ping command)

So, i want to ask about the nm-applet || NetworkManager.
Does it has any processes for strength??

because, i use libnm-glib API to connect AP. Not use nm-applet.
Does it have affect?

Thanks all.

edward