Problem resolving URLs

Hi all, I'm not able to solve this by myself; some help would be greatly appreciated.

I installed Network-Manager on an Acer Aspire One running Debian Squeeze using the wired connection at work. For a time, when using the wireless could not access any address under the domain of my work, but yes other addresses outside.

I tried to fix it by myself, googling and editing some files, and as a result, I can not access any website. Ping and ssh using numeric IPs works, but does not resolve any names.

Probably has something to do with /etc/resolv.conf.tmp, written every time, and keeping 'domain', 'search' - and 'nameserver(s)' from work.

Can anyone help me out? thanks in advance.	-fidel-