Can't enter password to make changes

I'm using Network Manager in Gnome 3 on an Arch Linux installation. If I click on the applet and open the Network Settings window, I can choose my wired connection and click Configure to bring up the connection editor window. When I press save to commit my changes (or even if I haven't made any changes), the window opens asking for my password to elevate privileges. Then, before I can even type one letter, the password dialog closes and the Network Manager window with it. Password dialogs for other settings work fine.

Interestingly, if I run nm-connection-editor from the command line, I can modify my connection and the password dialog functions properly.

What could be causing this behavior?