Re: NM 0.9 with Sierra USB 305 modem connection problems

On 12/21/2011 07:00 PM, John Hibbs wrote:
One thing I do see is 'ATD*99***1***2#<CR>'.  This does not match the
settings I entered in.

Mobile Broadband Settings:
Connection name: AT&T Mobile
IPv4 Method: Automatic(PPP)
Mobile Broadband Number: *99***1#
Mobile Broadband APN: isp.cingular
Type: Any
Allow roaming
PPP Authentication Allowed methods: EAP,PAP,CHAP,MSCHAPv2,MSCHAP
Do not use MPPE
Allow BSD compression
Allow Deflate data compression
Use TCP header compression
Do not Send PPP echo packets

That connect string does indeed look wrong to me. ModemManager found in the AT+CGDCONT? reply that the PDP context with CID=2 matches the APN you passed to use, so it appends ***2# to the number to be called. Question is, why do you have ***1# specified in the Mobile Broadband Number? Try using "*99#" as number in the settings and let ModemManager append the CID when it finds the context.

Anyway, we should possibly fix ModemManager to not add the extra chunk with the CID if there is already one available.

--
Aleksander