Re: 3GPP interface name in MM 0.6

On Thu, 2011-12-01 at 09:22 +0100, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> > > According to the DBus specs [1], no element within a DBus interface can
> > > start with a digit... so "org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Modem.3gpp" is a
> > > bad name. :-/
> > >
> > > I will temporarily fallback to use:
> > > "org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Modem.Modem3gpp" (along with
> > > "org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Modem.ModemCdma"), but suggestions on how
> > > to rename that interface (so that no element starts with a digit) are
> > > very welcome.
> >
> > Hmm, forgot about that.  3GPP really is the name of the group under
> > which GSM, EDGE, UMTS, and LTE live, and I didn't think continuing to
> > call it Modem.Gsm was accurate.  Maybe Tgpp or ThreeGpp or M3gpp?  I
> > don't like those much either; any other suggestions?
>

> I thought of Tgpp as well, but really sounds awful. ThreeGpp seems a bit
> better, but still, the real recognizable name is 3gpp. M3gpp is not that
> bad, but then what about the CDMA iface? will it be MCdma, just Cdma,
> M3gpp2? :-/

Lets just do M3gpp and MCdma I guess.  I think 3GPP2 would be too
confusing to use along with 3GPP.  For further justification, the only
two technologies within the CDMA family are CDMA 1xRTT and EVDO and they
are quite similar.  On the other hand with 3GPP we've got GSM/GPRS/EDGE,
UMTS/HSxPA, and LTE/LTE-Advanced so it makes more sense to use the
generic name (3GPP) for all of those.