Re: brcmsmac driver only works when sitting next to the AP

Hi Camaleón,

>> Would you be able/willing to make debug related changes to our driver
>> and build it ? I can tell you what changes to make.
>
> I can try whataver you want me to try :-)
>
> Just provide some guidance on what are the required steps.

that is great. Ok, do you have the kernel sources on your system ? If so, cd to the root of the source tree and issue these commands to build the driver:

make SUBDIRS=drivers/staging/brcm80211 clean
make SUBDIRS=drivers/staging/brcm80211 modules

if that works, do a 'modprobe mac80211' followed by a 'insmod drivers/staging/brcm80211/brcmutil/brcmutil.ko' followed by a 'insmod drivers/staging/brcm80211/brcmsmac/brcmsmac.ko'.

Btw, I will assume until further notice that you disable network-manager prior to loading the driver.

Let me know how this goes, then we can take it to the next level.

Thanks, Roland.