Re: Q: nmcli has capability to list access technology used?

On Sun, 2011-07-31 at 04:32 +0000, Jimmy - wrote:
> Hi,
>

> The ModemManager D-Bus Interface Specification includes commands to
> read currently used access technology, e g EDGE, HSDPA, etc.
> This information is currently shown in the NM applet, but as far as I
> can see this is not part of the printouts given by nmcli.

Do you mean for mobile broadband only, or for all connections?

> How can I detect the access technology used by an established
> connection? mncli, print parameters from /proc/, etc?

You can't tell this from /proc at all since all that information is
communicated from the modem at a  much higher level.  You'll want to
look at the ModemManager D-Bus API.  There are also some examples here:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/tree/test

specifically info.py, which will print a lot of information about the
modem if it's enabled.  You'll first want to call list-modems.py, then
enable.py with the modem you want to enable, then info.py to get the
info.  We may build this into nmcli in the future.