Moving resolv.conf to /var

Hello,

AFAIK NetworkManager is the most common tool which keeps writing
to /etc/resolv.conf file during runtime. Such a solution makes it hard
to support configurations where rootfs in read-only most of the time.

That's why I'm considering moving the resolv.conf file to /var. I'm not
sure about the exact location there but /var seems much better for
non-static resolver configs.

I think that the best solution would be to patch glibc so it will first
try to load 'dynamic' resolv.conf from /var, and then fallback to
static configs in /etc.

I'd really appreciate any kind of feedback on that idea.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny