Re: modems using same port for data & AT command

Hi Ran,

> I would like to ask how NetworkManager/ModemManager deals with modems
> which use the same port for ppp connection and for AT command.
> As far as I understand we cannot retrieve any information using AT
> command while there is a ppp connection on that port.
> Therefore information such as statistics cannot be retrieved from
> modem.

Either the modem exposes itself a secondary port where AT commands can
be sent, or ModemManager won't be able to do anything while the modem is
connected. Some modems support CMUX multiplexing to get several logical
ports from a single physical port, but ModemManager doesn't currently
know how to handle this.

Cheers,

--
Aleksander