Re: Multiple users logged in
- From: Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>
- To: "Nathanael D. Noblet" <nathanael gnat ca>
- Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Multiple users logged in
- Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 21:55:49 -0500
On Mon, 2011-04-04 at 19:13 -0600, Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:
> On 04/04/2011 04:13 PM, Paul Smith wrote:
> > Hi all;
> > I see a strange behavior I don't understand. My son uses my system
> > sometimes, and I created him his own account. If he's the first one to
> > log in after a reboot, or when I'm not logged in, then when I log in
> > second I don't have any access to the network applet (so I can't start
> > my VPN, etc.)
> > How do I ensure that I can use the nm-applet even if it's already
> > running in his session?
> > I'm using NM applet 0.8.1 on Ubuntu 10.10.
> Only NM 0.9 can do this from what I've seen...
Yeah, architectural limitations in versions earlier than 0.9 make it
very hard to do. But 0.9 fixes that limitation.
] [Thread Prev