Re: serial 3G modem connection

On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 22:37 +0100, Andy Maginnis wrote:
> I have a 3G Telit modem with a USB and Serial connection. The usb
> connection
> works fine with network manager, but when I try and use the serial
> connection
> I see the following in the modem manager debug output
>
> ** (modem-manager:7380): DEBUG: (tty/ttyS0): could not get port's parent
> device

ModemManager will ignore most platform serial ports since most modems
these days are USB, and we can't really autodetect platform serial
devices.  So there's a whitelist for platform serial ports.  What kind
of system do you have?  Can you reply with the output of "lsmod" which
might give us the kernel module that we can whitelist?

Dan