Cant connect to wireless network

Dear all

Ive just started on Ubuntu and cannot get my wireless connection to work.

Ive got Network Manager and have entered all the information required but no luck. Ive been trying for days now and would really appreciate some advice as I need to have a wireless connection.

It worked fine on MS Windows XP so Ive no idea what the problem is. I cant even try to connect anymore as Network Manager says the wireless device is "not ready"'.

Regards

Guy