Re: networkmanager hasnt option bluetooth device for DUN @ Acer TimelineX

On Sat, 2010-09-25 at 19:45 -0700, thief shadow wrote:
> Hi,
> I've two laptop. One of them Fujitsu-Siemens and the other Acer
> TimelineX and Arch Linux is installed on both of them. There are some
> differences between running same programs because of hardware issues.
> Anyway, i dont know why there is no Bluetooth device option in
> NetworkManager on Acer TimelineX but it works perfect on
> Fujitsu-Siemens. Maybe versions are different because Arch Linux on
> Acer TimelineX is more up-to-date. i'm almost sure that the problem
> doesnt depends on hardware  because when i connect Dial-up Networking
> (DUN) everything goes ok..
> [root hoobastank ~]# rfcomm
> rfcomm0: F0:5E:CD:AE:FC:33 -> 00:25:D0:BF:EF:AE channel 4 connected
> [reuse-dlc tty-attached]
> [root hoobastank ~]#
> so there is actually a Bluetooth device but NetworkManager cant handle
> it, there is no option.
> Arch Linux @ Acer TimelineX
> bluez-4.72-1
> blueman-1.21-5
> networkmanager-0.8.1-1
> modemmanager-0.4-1
> My smart phone : Nokia E71

NetworkManager 0.8.1 does have Bluetooth DUN support, so the version
should be fine.  However, you'll want to make sure you have
gnome-bluetooth installed, and then you'll want to re-pair your phone
and at the end of the pairing process, check the "Access the internet
with my phone" box, which makes the device show up in NetworkManager.

If that doesn't work, getting some logs from NetworkManager (usually
in /var/log/messages or /var/log/daemon.log) woudl be necessary to
figure out what's going wrong.