Re: Annoyance with notification in Ubuntu

On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 11:04 +0300, Tero Miettinen wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm suggesting this diff to fix the bug left at Launchpad:
> This explains the bug best:
> The file in question is src/applet-device-wifi.c and the diff fixes the
> "Click on this icon" to "Click on the network icon"
> Feedback and discussion is always welcome.

It's been around for a long time mainly because Ubuntu was the first
(and only?) distro to ship with a notification system that did not
support actions.  As such, I'd pretty much expected Ubuntu to locally
patch nm-applet to deal with that, but since we're already carrying some
code to deal with action-less notification systems upstream, I've pushed
a fix to handle this case.

Note that we can't include the wording "network menu above" because the
panel is *not* always above the bubble.  The applet can be placed
anywhere (even on a bottom or side panel) so the wording cannot
reference the location of the panel like the bug report's patch tries to