WPA2 password problem

A wrt54g2 wireless lan has a WPA2 Personal password that works with Windows machines, but does not work with Ubuntu, Fedora 12, or Mac.  EAPOL packets are received (shown by tcpdump) while attempting to connect from Fedora.  So far, the only advice I've managed to get is "use the right password".  It is the right password for Windows, but I'm not sure how to find the right password for other operating systems.

Does Windows still have a proprietary password hash for WPA2? What other things could be causing this?  The user ran the included setup CD, which I believe implements WPS, from Windows.  Could this be related?   I'm guessing that resetting to factory defaults and setting up via the web interface will fix things.