Wireless suddenly stopped working

Hi,

I'm using Network Manager as packed with Lucid (10.4) and when I woke the laptop from sleep today the wireless can't be enabled.  Wired still works fine. wlan0 appears with ifconfig -a but the adapter doesn't respond to function key + f2 which is supposed to enable it.  There is no hardware switch (Asus f3sv).  I tried using what the acpi-support script does (directly echoing into the state and power) in case the event wasn't being propagated properly but had no luck.

This may not be a problem with Network Manager but I'm not sure who to ask.  Any suggestions? I'm stumped.

Thanks,
Ben