Re: EAP-TLS using NM-Applet

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 16:04 +0200, SpaceCake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to use some corporate WLAN connection where the authentication
> is EAP-TLS based using a certificate installed on the local machine.
> Unfortunately there is no such option in NM-Applet.

There should be, it's been present since NM 0.6 something 3 or 4 years
ago.  What version of the applet are you using?

When you first click on your network from the menu, you should be
presented with a dialog that allows you to choose the EAP method you
want, and that will including TLS.  If that's not happening, providing
the output of the 'iwlist wlan0 scan' command for the AP you're trying
to connect to would be very helpful.

Also, is the EAP-enabled network hidden?  Is there an open public
network with the same name that does not use EAP-TLS?  What does happen
when you click on the AP for the first time from the menu?