Re: Patch to support the "linexa" distribution

On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 15:57 +0200, Alex Vogt wrote:
> Hi Murilo,
>
> yes, of course - Thanks a lot. It seems I did a copy&paste mistake.
>
> BTW:
> If I have a little time, I plan to look into bridging support. Has there been
> some kind of planning to do this before?

Yeah, some.  I started a 'bridging' branch about a year ago but then had
to do other things.  The main plan is to create an NMSettingBridge
subclass of NMSetting which would contain the core config for a bridge.
Stuff like spanning-tree protocol on/off, type of bridge (NAT-ed or
straight-up), and an optional bridge name.  One important item would be
'members', which would be the UUID of each wired NMConnection that was a
component of the bridge.  When the bridge connection itself was brought
up, we'd then bring up each member connection too.  This is basically
"chaining" or "referencing" other connections which introduces some
complexity (what if a referenced connection got deleted?) but since you
could have one of the member interfaces connected to an 802.1x-enabled
switch we do need to have full NMConnections for each member of the
bridge.

Dan