Re: Filter out wifi networks?

On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 19:02 +0200, Tomas Petersson wrote:
> Hello, at home I get a list of about 25 wifi networks from my
> neighboors, at work
> about ten. I would like to filter out networks that I know I will
> never use, as its
> a bit annoying to see them. I have searched the docs and googled, but
> cant
> find any info on this issue.

In NM 0.8's GNOME applet, the top 5 networks will get space in the menu,
and the rest get pushed to a submenu.  If you have "saved" connections
for anything, that item will automatically get put in the top menu too.
So you shouldn't ever have to care much about anything that's in the
submenu, meaning you only ever really see 5 at a time.  Is that not what
you're seeing?