Re: do not use GUI choice config

Dear,
       Thanks jirka reply.
       Yes, nm-applet doesn't have "selecting config"
       So, I search DBus about org.freedesktop.NetworkManager that has ActivateConnection.
i use this DBUS method that can change user configuration file & reconnect.

But, Step.1.when i use org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSettings.Connection Update DBUS configuration file.
       Step.2.then reconnect -> FAIL ( NetworkManager was disappeared )
Is it Mutually exclusive?
Or is it not "Formal" setting ?

Thanks
blue

2010/10/6 Jirka Klimes <jklimes redhat com>
On Wednesday 06 of October 2010 11:10:07 rain blue wrote:
> Dear,
>        I need some comments for this operation.
> In normal case, user select what they want config by GUI & connect
> ( /etc/Networkmanager/system-connections/. ||
> /home/NAME/.gconf/system/networking )
>
> Now, because i close nm-applet GUI. So, user can't select config by GUI.
> how can i select config instead of user.
> ( User already wrote new config by my code )
>
> Could someone give me some comments?
> Thanks every one.
> blue

If by "selecting config" you mean activating a user connection, you can't do
that. Because nm-applet is not running. nm-applet is not just a GUI, but also
implements a user settings service that provides configuration to NM when
activation is requested. And when it's not running, no
org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerUserSettings D-Bus service is available.
Read http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManagerConfiguration about setting services.

If you only want to edit the data in user connections, you can do that via
gconf-editor, gconftool-2 or manually in .gconf dir.

Jirka