Re:GSM modem enable failed: (32) Failed to find a usable modem character set

On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 23:57 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> > it. Just comment out few places where modem manager checks for the best
> > character set; so that it works fine even if it is  horrid, and
> > evil.(Just what I did- It may not be right way)
>
> Note that I believe I have fixed this upstream this past week.
> ModemManager will now allow use of the GSM charset if thats the only
> charset the device supports.
>
> Dan

Good News!  I can remove the hack, then.
Also note that my modem  only supports charset PCCP437. (as replied by
"+CSCS?"). However setting 'New' charset as  +CSCS?=PCCP437 always
fails.

Since this modem supports single charset; I guess, we shouldn't set it
again.

-Shakthi