Should we fallback to localhost.localdomain when failed to update /etc/hosts?

Hi,

I see a user has an read-only /etc directory. When he uses NM and
obtains address via DHCP, the hostname will finally be changed to
localhost.localdomain which is not what he wants.

I find in nm-policy-hostname.c that we will fallback to
localhost.localdomain if we failed to update /etc/hosts. But according
to the case above, I think this is not what we want.

--
Cheers,
Mu Qiao