Re: Is there a way to import VPN Connections via the command line?

On 16 November 2010 23:31, Darren Albers <dalbers gmail com> wrote:
> I know I can import a VPN profile using the nm-connection-editor GUI
> but is there a way to do it from a command line so I can script it?

If you're using gnome's nm-applet and you know the VPN's connection
number under gconf you can do something like:

$ gconftool-2 --dump /system/networking/connections/7 > my_vpn_profile.xml
$ gconftool-2 --load my_vpn_profile.xml

Note: commands typed from memory, YMMV. And no, it's not an elegant solution.

Rui