Re: SMS with modemmanager and Nokia N900

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 18:12 +0200, tom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i tried to use the testscript test/mm-send-sms.py to send a sms with my
> Nokia N900 phone.
> I got the following exception when i try to use the script with:
>
> $ python mm-send-sms.py 0123456789 mytext
> Sending message failed.
> Exception is: org.freedesktop.ModemManager.Modem.Gsm.Unknown: Unknown
> error
>
> I tried the same with d-feet and the dict:
> {'number':'123456789', 'text':'my text'}
>
> same result.
>
> Any ideas why sending sms doesn't work? And how to fix this problem?

If you run modem-manager with the --debug option, you'll get a lot more
debug output that could help us figure the problem out.  MM's SMS
support is right now fairly basic, and we'd need to implement PDU mode
to make it more robust, which is on the to-do list.  In the mean time,
the debug log might help figure out what we can do to make it work now,
without waiting for PDU mode.