Re: RS232 GSM Modem

On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 23:36 -0700, Dan Williams wrote:
> When MM is probing the port, try
>
> stty -F /dev/ttyS1 -a
>
> and lets see what the port settings are.  Does the modem require those
> specific speed and flow control settings?

Hi Dan,

sorry for the late answer.

Output is:

root banane:~# stty -F /dev/ttyS1 -a
speed 115200 baud; rows 0; columns 0; line = 0;
intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^U; eof = ^A; eol = <undef>;
eol2 = <undef>; swtch = <undef>; start = ^Q; stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; rprnt
= ^R;
werase = ^W; lnext = ^V; flush = ^O; min = 1; time = 5;
-parenb -parodd cs8 -hupcl -cstopb cread clocal -crtscts
ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr -icrnl -ixon
-ixoff
-iuclc -ixany -imaxbel -iutf8
-opost -olcuc -ocrnl -onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab0
bs0 vt0 ff0
-isig -icanon -iexten -echo -echoe -echok -echonl -noflsh -xcase -tostop
-echoprt
-echoctl -echoke

I think the modem does not need any special flow control settings. The
baudrate can be set with "AT+IPR=38400" (or another value like 115200).
But eg. with minicom i can only communicate with the modem when i use
the right baudrate. There is no autodetection or something like this.

What does ModemManager? Which Baudrate will be used when ModemManager
tries to detect the modem?

Cheers,

Tom