Re: BT DUN based systemconnections in 0.8.1 beta

Am Dienstag, den 25.05.2010, 14:39 +0200 schrieb Bastien Nocera
<hadess hadess net>:
> On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 13:11 +0200, van Schelve wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm still having problems with bluetooth dun based system connections
in
>> 0.8.1 beta:
>>
>> 1. No ui in nm-applet is available
>> 2. if created from scratch as system-connection they not shown in
>> nm-applet
>>
>> With cnetworkmanager I'm able to list such a connection but I'm not
able
>> to bring it up with
>> this tool. In this context, can someone explain the commandline
interface
>> of networkmanager to me?
>>
>> On http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/ReleaseProcess I found that BT
>> DUN
>> should be included
>> in the 0.8.1 release. Can someone clarify this? If dun
systemconnections
>> are not part of 0.8.1 release
>> can someone tell me what's missing?
>
> You need to pair your device using gnome-bluetooth's wizard, and the
> wizard to set up DUN will appear on the last page.
>
> Cheers

Hi Bastien,
thank you for your reply but that's not what I'm looking for. What I need
is
a systemconnection that can be stored in
/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/
like it can be done with 3G based as well. On the other hand there is
nothing
in nm-applet to modify a exiisting bluetooth connection. So for example if
you
have different APN's you cannot easy change it.

HG