Re: service-provider extension patch

On Mon, 2010-05-24 at 16:54 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> Toby Churchill have been running an internal project to compile a list
> of gsm network operators and the relevant information such as MCC/MNC
> codes, voicemail, balance check methods etc for use in a mobile-phone
> enabled communication aid.
>
> We created an XML document for our use internally but have since come
> across the the serviceprovider package which has a fair amount of
> overlap. So it has been suggested that it may be worthwhile adding our
> information with the serviceprovider list...
>
> Please find attached a patch (serviceprovider.2.tdt &
> serviceprovider.xml) to extend the <gsm> node to incorporate
> <voicemail> and <balance-check> methods for a network provider.

- When two <dtmf> are listed, what's the difference between the two?  Do
both do the same thing?  Or are they different?

- For the USSD stuff, when would <ussd> be used, and when would
<ussd-response> be used?

- For the SMS balance check, when two <sms> items are listed, what's the
different between the two?

- Also for SMS, what is the meaning of the "text" attribute, and what's
the  meaning of the data inside the <sms></sms> item?

- If you could also add voicemail to the CDMA stanza that would be great
since all of these have voicemail #s too.

Thanks for sending the patches!