Re: networkmanager need old password for keyring

On 05/13/2010 05:33 AM, Alex wrote:
> Can anybody say. On my system linux fedora with xfce, password need to
> be changed every week, but, when i change my password, NM need old
> password for unlocking keyring. How to remove this problem ?

Hmm ... normally, the gnome_keyring PAM module is supposed to ensure
that the password for the 'login' keyring gets updated whenever you
change your actual login password. So this is supposed to work
out-of-the-box.

My guess is that either the login keyring is not getting its password
updated (i.e. pam_gnome_keyring is breaking somehow), or for some reason
nm-applet is storing its secrets in another keyring.

When you are prompted to unlock a keyring, what exactly does the prompt
say? Are you being asked to unlock your login keyring, or something else?

This also might help:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeKeyring/Pam

Hope that helps!

Have a good one,