Re: Add new conntion with DBus API

On 6 May 2010 07:39, Nguyen Canh Toan <Toannc5 viettel com vn> wrote:

Hi all,

Currently, I have a purpose of programmatically add & remove connection configuration through DBus interface org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSettings.Connection.

I found an API Delete() on org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSettings.Connection but I can’t find what function stuff to create new connection.

Did anyone experience with this issue? Could you please to share it to me?

Hi Nguyen,

you'll need to create it via gconf. A connection is represented as a dict of dicts in DBus or a dir of dirs in gconf. As gconf lacks a "create this tree atomically" command, you'll need to set the values one by one. NMSettings will send a NewConnection signal when it decides that the profile is created/ready.

Pablo

Thanks,

Toan Nguyen