Re: NM and wusb100

On Monday 03 of May 2010 23:35:12 matias kaukonen wrote:
> I'm trying to get a WUSB100 wireless to connect to roadrunner via NM on
> FC12.
> I've compiled a rt3070sta driver and inserted the module in the kernel.
> The Network applet list 'ra0 wireless' as an inactive device.
> It also has the activate/deactivate button greyed out.
> Is this what I'm supposed to see?
> If you know what's happening in this case, could you please tell me about
> what the next steps are?
>
> thx.,
> matias.

Mentioning activate/deactivate button, you probably use system-config-network
tool which is not a part of NetworkManager. It is a GUI tool for the legacy
'network' service.

NetworkManager uses 'nm-applet' program as its primary GUI. It runs as an
applet in the systray.

To ensure that you are using NetworkManager, do (as root):

service network stop
service NetworkManager start

You can see log messages of NetworkManager daemon in /var/log/messages.

Jirka