Re: wirelesws connection before login

On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 11:35 +0100, Marc Herbert wrote:
> Le 29/03/2010 14:10, Aaron Konstam a écrit :
> > I have meant to follow up on this years ago but let it slip. But this
> > came up recently on the fedora-list so I need to ask.
> >
> > It seems to me that several versions ago it was possible to have NM
> > create a wireless connection on boot rather than only on login. Is this
> > possible and if so how does one set this up?
>
> Wild guess: did you try to configure it using system-config-network,
> and then pass it to NM using the ifcfg-rh plugin?
>
> http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/SystemSettings

You can also move connections between user and system with
nm-connection-editor; look for the "Available to all users" checkbox in
each connection's edit window.  Checking that box makes it a system
connection (thus available at boot time) as long as a plugin is enabled
that allows writing of system connections.  That wiki page should also
talk about system settings plugins.