Re: configuration not found

On Friday 26 of March 2010 10:10:54 Maxime Boure wrote:
> Hmmm I'm confused.
>
> I installed the debian repository of NetworkManager 0.8-1 and it seems to
> need the /etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf and not
> the /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf.
> Anyway I use both :).
> My problem is that I made a configuration (working on my computer) for a 3G
> dongle I made sure to put the mode to 600 and owner to root. And when I try
> this command :
>
> *dbus-send --system --print-reply
> --dest="org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSystemSettings"
> "/org/freedesktop/NetworkManagerSettings"
> "org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSettings.ListConnections"*
>
> it doesn't find anything ....
>
> *method return sender=:1.1 -> dest=:1.7 reply_serial=2*
> *   array [*
> *   ]*
>
> I made it work with the v7 of networkmanager but here I don't see what
> could be the problem...
>
> Thanks in advance for your inputs !
>
> Maxime

NM now uses NetworkManager.conf instead of nm-system-settings.conf (changed in
git 1.3.2010) - but falls back to nm-system-settings.conf when
NetworkManager.conf doesn't exist.

The change was done for plugins later (6.3.2010).

So in case you have a  version from between the two dates, NM can use different
config file than the system settings plugins.
What is the contents of  your both configuration files, are they the same?

Jirka