Re: Wireless

On Friday 19 of March 2010 07:39:15 karan marjara wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am Karan and new to Linux. I am using Fedora 12 on my lenovo g550 laptop
> wanted to run internet on Wireless.
>
> I have installed the wireless driver but I am not able to activate the
> connection. Can you please help me in this matter.
>
> Thanks,
> Karan

It looks like Lenovo G550 Uses Broadcom 4312 WiFi chip. This should be
supported by b43 wifi driver included in the kernel.
However, maybe firmware is missing.

You could find a nice howto about Broadcom chips on Fedora here:
Section "Firmware installation" is probably the most interesting for you.

Broadcom support via b43 driver:
http://www.linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43

In order to find the real problem, could you post output of
$ lspci

and  /var/log/messages file?

Jirka