Re: network manager install help please

On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 21:51 +0000, Ken Taylor wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I have a Suse distro
>
> How do I install the network manager?
>
> I have it downloaded, but can't work out how to install it
>
> Any help really appreciated as my little lenovo S10e has lost it's
> ability to connect to a wifi network and Lenovo Support are clueless

Usually NetworkManager is included with the Linux distribution that
you've installed.  If not, you can use that distribution's package
manager or command-line tools to install NetworkManager.  For
Ubuntu/Debian-derived distributions, try the System menu, ->
Administration, and then Synaptic Package Manager.  Search for
"network-manager" and check (or "mark for installation") it when it's
found, then hit the Apply button and let the operation complete.

For Fedora, choose System -> Administration -> Add/Remove software, then
search for "NetworkManager", then check "NetworkManager" and
"NetworkManager-gnome", then hit Apply and let the operation complete.

Other distros have similar mechanisms for installing new software.  Hope
this helps!