[no subject]

Not even sure what happened. If I did something, it was so quick
that I didn't notice it, and I have trouble imagining that I could
have done the same mysterious thing twice. If I didn't do anything,
then the nm-applet icon just disappeared on its own initiative,
which could be something troublesome...

The first time, it apparently decided to come back by itself, and I
can't say why or what happened. The second time, I had to reboot the
machine--but I'm keeping an eye on the critter.

I do need to access nm fairly frequently for two reasons, but I
don't want to make an issue of those reasons unless someone thinks
they are relevant. I actually hope that they've been fixed in later
versions of Ubuntu, but this particular machine is an older box and
it was getting harder and harder to update each time to the point
where I'm now afraid to try any major upgrades...

Therefore, I think the two things I'm hoping to find now are (1) a
reason why the nm-applet icon might disappear, and (2) an
alternative way to access the nm settings window if the nm-applet
icon has become invisible.

However, all in all I can say that I've been well pleased with nm
over the years that I've been using it (and following this mailing
list). Good job there.

Get the new Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo! JAPAN
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ie8/