NM starts disabled after system crash (hard power off)

Unfortunately, I still experience occasional lockups which require me to
press power off button. What I find annoying - NM consistently comes up
disabled after this. Simple "cnetworkmanager -o yes" is enough, but I am
curious - why? Is it intentional design decision or should it be
considered a bug? How NM decides it should be disabled in the first
place?