Re: USSD interface for ModemManager

On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 12:53 -0800, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Pablo,
>
> > we would like to extend the ModemManager API so that it can handle
> > USSD commands. The USSD API of oFono [0] looks quite nice IMHO and I'd
> > like to propose a similar API:
>
> <snip>
>
> > It is basically a copy of their API (they nailed it down) except for
> > GetProperties and PropertiesChanged signal which are ConnMan-specific.
> > I haven't had a use-case yet for the "Respond" command (my USSD
> > petitions are simple), but it needs to be there indeed for future
> > uses. Thoughts?
>
> any reason why you are not using oFono. It is a full telephony stack and
> does a lot more things in the background that are mandatory. And you
> would not have to implement the whole USSD support all by yourself.

Look, I don't go around telling people why they should be using
NetworkManager instead of Connman or whatever.  That would just make me
a dick.  Which is what you're being here.

If you have something constructive to add to the conversation, please
do.  Otherwise don't post, or lets start a big ofono vs. ModemManager
thread somewhere else.